Cedar Park lies south of Garden Court and east / west of Spruce Hill / Cobbs Creek respectively. It is generally bounded by Baltimore Avenue to its south, 46th Street to its east 52nd Street to its west and south of Larchwood Avenue. This residential neighborhood was primarily built in the late 1800's and has a variety of housing sizes, types and styles. Since about the year 2000 this area has benefited tremendously from the University of Pennsylvania's employee mortgage program. This program provides grants to University faculty and staff who purchase homes within the university city area much of which encompasses the Cedar Park neighborhood. The culmination of the mortgage program and the historic and anesthetic features of the neighborhood has helped it appreciate dramatically over the last decade.
For demographic information on this neighborhood click here.